Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Remap Kings via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR);
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Remap2Race, or us
Remap2Race is a trading name of ECU Dynamics, a Sole Trading company incorporated in England and Wales whose registered office is at 4 The Silvers, Clyst Road, Topsham, Exeter, EX3 0DE;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Remap2Race and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Remap2Race and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, https://www.ecu-remap2race.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b) Postal Address
c) Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
d) Details of your vehicle(s) including registration
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of GDPR 2018, Remap2Race is the “data controller”.
6. We will retain any Data you submit for five years, unless you consent to receive marketing materials, in which case we shall retain your Personal Data until such a time as the business ceases to operate, or you withdraw your consent to be contacted.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the GDPR. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
Third party websites and services
10. Remap2Race may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
13. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
14. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
15. Remap2Race has a policy of ‘privacy by design’, and your data will not be used for the purposes of direct marketing, unless you specifically request to receive such materials. Remap2Race will not share your data with third parties without specific consent from you. Wherever you are opted to receive such materials, you will be given options to restrict our use of your Data. This may include the following:
16. use of Data for direct marketing purposes, if you have ; and
17. sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
18. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
20. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Remap2Race (where such Data is held), as is your right to access under GDPR. There will be no charge for this provision (except where requests are repetitious or unreasonable), and we will provide the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
- Any requests for Access or restriction must be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer through our postal address, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Data security is of great importance to Remap2Race and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
22. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
23. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
25. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
26. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Remap2Race to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
27. This Website may place the following Cookies:
28. Type of Cookie and Purpose
- Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
29. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
30. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
31. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
34. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
35. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
37. In addition to your rights to access and restrict the use of your Personal Data, you can also request to have this erased. If consent is the basis of processing of your data, them Remap Kings will comply with this request and remove all Personal Data from our databases. However, if there is another legal basis for processing your data, we will clarify what data has been retained and the reasons for this.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by contacting them on 0303 123 1113 or visiting https://ico.org.uk/.
Our Data Protection Officer is Brian Sheard and you can contact them at email@example.com or by writing to;
Data Protection Officer
4 The Silvers
Get in Touch